Punjab Govt New Number Plates
According to recent reports, the Punjab government has unveiled universal number plates for all cars registered in Punjab. A government official made the following statement regarding the development:
Now Punjab Govt Introduces New Universal Number Plates
Vehicles will now be registered under the same serial from August 17, 2020, in all cities of Punjab.
The notification issued by the government states that the Punjab Excise Taxation and Narcotics Control Department plans to issue number plates by forwarding the same serial numbers. The department also said that the plates with LEA, RN, BW, and MA serial will retire and “Punjab” will be prominent only on them in the number plates.
Users can participate in online auctions through this app.
Registration for the special numbers auction will begin on August 23, 2020.
It has also been informed that e-auction registration will start from Rs. 5000 for cars, Rs. 500 for bikes and Rs. One thousand for commercial vehicles. Here’s how you can participate in an online auction:
- Download the e-auction app or visit the Excise Department website
- Enter your online registration within three days of downloading the app
- Choose your favorite number
- Participate in the e-auction
- Consumers must participate in the auction within three days of registration
- According to reports, the department will host the first e-auction on August 30, 2020.